A Fairmead house party turns into homicide
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Detectives are searching for two suspects who they say shot and killed one victim and injured two others at a house party.
It happened just after midnight near Road 19 ½ and Avenue 22 1/2 in Fairmead. The name of the 19-year-old who was killed in the shooting has not been released.
18-year-old Dakkar Lewis says the party that took place on his family's front lawn was supposed to be a Spring break celebration. The Madera Community College student says more than 100 people showed up. Lewis said people at the party brought in alcohol.
Lewis said, "It started up just everybody having a good time and then so many people started showing up and like the cops show and told me to stop letting people in."
Madera County deputies went to the home late Saturday night to ask Lewis to turn down the loud music. Lewis says he did, but deputies say party-goers turned it up later that night. Before deputies headed back to the house, a second time, shots were fired.
"It was like boom, boom, boom. At first we thought it was like fire crackers," Lewis said.
Lewis says he was outside and didn't see the two shooters but what he did witness was the chaos that followed.
"We see everybody screaming and running and everybody is like pandemonium out here," Lewis said.
Investigators say two gunmen killed one teenager and wounded two others. They are now looking for the two shooters. One is described as a Hispanic man in his early 20s who is more than six feet tall, weighs more than 200 pounds and was wearing dark blue jeans and a white t-shirt.
Lewis hopes both suspects are caught and is thinking of the family who lost a loved one.
Anyone with information is asked to call the sheriff's office.
fairmead, madera, madera county, murder, shooting, local, mariana jacob
- Mega Millions jackpot raises to $425 million 11 min ago
- Fresno City Council holds public hearing on Westlake development
- Vigil held for victims of gang violence in Porterville
- Former Clovis cop will face domestic violence trial
- FUSD fears losing millions for low-income students
- Marathoner Fresno police officer outruns serial burglar
- Gang member arrested after ABC30 story comment
- Clovis crash leaves motorcycle rider in critical condition
- How to make Christmas cookies and cocktails
- Merced Co. industrial explosion kills 1, injures 2
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Chief Dyer testifies in excessive force trial
- Police say internet cafe doubled as gambling house
- Son sought in beating of parents in Fresno