Fresno community activists seek to end violence
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Community activists are reaching out to young people in Fresno in hopes of stopping violence.
Mouth to mouth ministries hosted the event, called "peace be still" outside Manchester Center in Fresno Saturday.
Performers of all ages hit the stage to share their message through song. Speakers who have overcome troubled pasts told their inspirational stories.
Organizers say if they can stop even one child from going down the wrong path, they'll consider this event a success.
fresno, fresno county, local
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard 10 min ago
- Search continues for Tulare County OIS suspect
- Drop in Valley flu cases 34 min ago
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Vet saves poisoned dog with vodka
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
- Accuweather Forecast
30 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos