FPD arrested suspect accused of deadly stabbing
FRESNO, Calif. -- Police have arrested 30-year-old Joe Corrales for the murder of his uncle 49-year-old Tommy Peralta.
Investigators say the murder happened in a home on Mono Street near Maple Avenue where the two men lived. Authorities say Corrales had a disagreement with his uncle and he ended up stabbing him.
Family members huddled together outside the home where a loved one was killed. Paul Sunez grew up with the victim and is sad to see his long-time friend die in such a violent way.
Paul Sunez, neighbor said, "I've seen him about an hour before, maybe two hours before it all happened he was a very good guy, he was very good, he was a happy go lucky guy and you couldn't get anybody else better than that."
Fresno police went to the home at about 5:30 p.m. Saturday. When they got there they found a man who was stabbed several times. Mohnika Alvarez saw the victim earlier that day and can't believe he died so close to her home.
Alvarez said, "How sad, it was really sad. I don't know why someone would just go knife him. The guy minded his own business."
Those who live in the area want the person responsible behind bars and their hearts go out to the victim's family.
"I feel very sad for them, I feel very bad for them and I wish this would have never happened to them," Alvarez said.
fresno, fresno county, fresno southeast, stabbing, local, mariana jacob
- Community bands together for Officer Jon Linzey
- High court upholds Delta Smelt protection
- Fresno cop investigated for auto theft, drugs
- Man missing near Shaver Lake found alive and well
- More than 400 guns were seized in SoCal
- Family headed to DC for father's Medal of Honor
- Valley Sikhs speak out on bullying report
- Police fight spike in Tower District crime
- Peach Blossom Festival growing each year
- Merced authorities see rise in honey oil explosions
- Musical mavericks make waves
- Pet Adoption of the Week: Lady Bug
- Fallout from Target's data breach
- Street sweeper finds shooting victim in Fresno