Porterville man accused of child endangerment
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A South Valley father is in jail Sunday after investigators say his toddler ingested methadone.
Porterville police arrested 36-year-old Joe Gomez for child endangerment, causing injury.
Officers first went to his home Friday night after getting reports that his two year old daughter had ingested the powerful painkiller which is often used to treat drug addicts.
The little girl is now recovering at a Bakersfield hospital.
porterville, tulare, tulare county, south valley, local
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- Divers begin pulling bodies from sunken ferry
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Health care site flagged in Heartbleed review
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- NASA: Engineer vital to moon landing success dies
- Chopper drops 2,600 golf balls for a good cause
- Blackbeard's hosts large Easter egg hunt
- Easter Brunch recipe