Porterville man accused of child endangerment
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A South Valley father is in jail Sunday after investigators say his toddler ingested methadone.
Porterville police arrested 36-year-old Joe Gomez for child endangerment, causing injury.
Officers first went to his home Friday night after getting reports that his two year old daughter had ingested the powerful painkiller which is often used to treat drug addicts.
The little girl is now recovering at a Bakersfield hospital.
porterville, tulare, tulare county, south valley, local
- Fresno State defeats Utah State 24-17
- Deputies search for missing 31-year-old Huron man
- Highway 41 closed near Tenaya Lodge
- Train hits pedestrian and dog in Central Fresno
- Video: Mountain communities wake up to snow
- Nelson Mandela family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Reindeer escapes from Santa at Colorado mall
- Toys for Tots marathon kicks off at River Park
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks attack anniversary
- One injured in Central Fresno drive-by shooting
- Animal shelter seeks donations to keep dogs warm
- Freezing temperatures take toll on small Valley farms
- Police increase patrols on Fulton Mall after shooting
- Valley utility workers gear up for freezing weather