Detectives: Teen finds mother fatally stabbed inside north Harris Co. home
HOUSTON -- The Harris County Sheriff's Office is investigating the murder of a woman whose body was discovered by one of her teenage daughters inside a north Harris County home.
It happened around 3:30pm Tuesday in the 13900 block of Chuckwood near Veterans Memorial.
A 17-year-old girl had just returned from school when she found her mother's body, Harris County detectives said. The mother, identified as 34-year-old Darlishia Watson, had been stabbed to death.
The Harris Co. Sheriff's Office says deputies first believed Watson had been shot to death, but now say after an investigation that she was fatally stabbed.
A family member told Eyewitness News the victim's two other daughters also were at the scene. That family member says the girls saw their mother's car in the driveway but couldn't get into the house, so the 17-year-old broke out a window and entered the house. That's when she discovered her Watson's body.
We're told Watson's other two daughters are 16 and 13 years old.
"I got a text from my niece saying, 'My mama's dead, please come get me.' It's horrifying," Watson's friend Quita Wright said.
"Darlishia was a very loving parent. She loved her kids. She lived for her kids and this is very tragic," Watson's sister Mariah Jones said.
Sheriff's office investigators say the motive is unknown and there is no suspect information at this time. The investigation is ongoing.
Anyone with information regarding the stabbing is asked to contact the Homicide Unit at (713) 967-5810 or call Crime stoppers at (713) 222-TIPS (8477).
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Parlier man shot and killed; neighbor arrested
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- Man dies after being hit by train in Downtown Fresno
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- Fresno PD: Man sitting in street struck, killed by car
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- Near drownings on the rise
- Students take part in robot competition in Madera
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
abc30.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos