Madera County crash kills child, 6, on Highway 99
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A six-year-old child died following a crash on Highway 99 in Madera County.
It happened around four o'clock Tuesday afternoon in the southbound lanes near Avenue 12.
According to the CHP, several vehicles were passing a tractor trailer. That's when the driver of a Chevy Aveo swerved and lost control.
Investigators say the child died at the scene. The child's mother and a teenager were taken to the hospital with serious injuries.
accident, madera county, madera, local, carlos saucedo
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
- Ukrainians in Fresno react to Crimea vote
- Final words from jet came after systems shutdown 30 min ago
- Merced police seek help to catch armed robber 15 min ago
- Fresno State men's basketball to play in CBI tourney 13 min ago
- Child may be to blame for Fresno garage fire
- Clovis sting busts adults buying alcohol for minors
- 2.8-magnitude earthquake hits Coalinga area
- Church services remember those lost in NYC blast
- Navy's Blue Angels return to skies over California
- Magnitude-6.7 quake hits Chile's northern coast
- Authorities probe murder outside Merced apartment
- Visalia man accused of sexually exploiting boy
- Gut bacteria: The secret weapon to weight loss?