Deputies recovered shotgun, still looking for shooter in Ft. Bend Co.
HOUSTON -- Deputies are trying to get to the bottom of a shooting in Fort Bend County, after a report of shots fired in the Kingsbridge subdivision.
The Fort Bend County Sheriff's Office says they got the report at about 7:30am. Neighbors say it was a frightening beginning to their day.
"It's pretty scary," said neighbor Joselyn Torres. "You don't expect to hear that, that early in the morning, in your neighborhood. It wasn't that far from us."
Around 10am, deputies recovered a shotgun from a home in the 8200 block of Gaines Meadow Drive in the Kingsbridge subdivision. They say the shotgun is believed to have been the gun fired earlier in the morning, but it's not clear how they came to the discovery at the home. A sergeant says they found 14 spent shell casings in back of this home.
Ft. Bend ISD rerouted some buses in the area and held students inside Mission Bend and Mission Glen elementary schools, at the request of the Fort Bend County Sheriff's Office. Campuses have since returned to normal.
FBISD officers increased patrols in the area. The Sheriff's Office says no suspect has been detained and the case remains under investigation. One man at the home where the shotgun was found was taken into custody on unrelated outstanding warrants. No injuries have been reported.
local, kevin quinn
- One person dead in Northwest Fresno accident 7 min ago
- Dustin Gran murder trial gets underway in Modesto
- Unemployment rises to 6.7 percent in February 15 min ago
- Woman fatally struck by vehicle on Highway 180
- Fresno cracks down on stolen shopping carts
- Con man steals millions from elderly
- Man sentenced in fatal Los Banos DUI crash
- Photos: 16th-century 'rocket cat' weaponry pictures
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Growers discuss issues at Citrus Showcase
- Consumer Reports: Beware of tax scams
- Downtown Fresno gas leak prompts evacuations
- Russian power play: Crimea vote on joining Russia
- George Radanovich to announce he won't run for governor