Man accused of sexually assaulting boy, 15, on cruise ship that docked in Galveston
HOUSTON -- A man accused of sexually assaulting a 15-year-old boy aboard a cruise ship remains in federal custody Wednesday.
Todd Nordahl, of Arizona, was arrested when the Royal Caribbean cruise Mariner of the Seas, returning from a seven-night sail, docked in Galveston on Sunday. The case arose after a Royal Caribbean security officer contacted the FBI, reporting allegations made by a 15-year-old boy on board while in international waters.
On March 27, Nordahl allegedly provided an alcoholic beverage to the minor victim and purportedly made sexual advances toward him. After a brief period of "cuddling," prosecutors say he then sexually assaulted the boy.
Nordahl, 49, is being held in the Galveston County Jail as the investigation continues.
Royal Caribbean Cruises sent us a statement which read in part, "Royal Caribbean maintains a zero tolerance policy regarding any criminal activity onboard our ships. Any allegation of a crime is treated seriously and reported to law enforcement."
The Mariner of the Seas made port calls to Roatan, Honduras; Belize City, Belize; and Cozumel, Mexico.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Man shot in head while sitting in Fresno apartment
- Man arrested for exposing himself in front of kids
- Merced County swears in nation's 1st Hmong judge
- Crime spree ends with 2 arrested in Fresno
- Suspects sought after man stabbed in Parlier
- Man accused of molesting minor, having child porn
- Two convicted in murder of Fresno sex offender
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry arrested
- California farmers to get more water
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- Heart of the Horse is expanding
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Calwa Catholics mark Good Friday with procession
- Health Watch: depressed preschoolers?
abc30.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos