Car crash into Tulare home causes major cleanup
TULARE, Calif. (KFSN) -- A man is under arrest after leading officers on a wild chase through the South Valley.
The CHP says the chase started when a driver blew through a red light around 11:30 a.m. Wednesday.
It ended just three minutes later when 21-one-year old Brian Newton crashed into a house near Ash and Amber in Tulare.
Officers say Newton lost control of the car, smashed into a garage and ruptured a gas line, sparking a small fire.
Somehow Newton got out of the car and began hopping fences to try and get away.
Tulare police officers were able to catch up with him a short distance away.
Newton is now charged with possession of a stolen car and felony evading officers.
tulare county, tulare, fire, local, linda mumma
- Edison High School ROP teacher shot in classroom
- Authorities file charges in Elbow Room beating
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Copper thieves flood Tower District businesses
- Valley experts give advice after Target accounts hacked
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1
- Consumer Watch: Handheld video gaming devices
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Freeze impacts one Valley farmer's tropical fruit harvest
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- In-N-Out opens in Hanford
- City of Fresno hiring to help city development
- Dozens injured at partial London theater collapse
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos