Couple arrested in Las Vegas over boy in box
GALVESTON, TX -- A Texas man and his wife have been arrested in Las Vegas amid allegations they forced his 9-year-old son at times to live in a locked wooden box.
Clark County, Nev., jail records show the Galveston man and woman were being held without bond Thursday on charges of unlawful restraint of a child and injury to a child. Attorneys weren't listed for the pair who were arrested Wednesday after being indicted in March.
Galveston police say the boy ran from home away last July. Child Protective Services officials placed him in foster care.
A police affidavit said the family's home was searched for evidence of possible child pornography. Investigators located an 8-by-6 foot particleboard box in the laundry room.
The Associated Press does not identify victims of suspected sex crimes.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- One person shot near the ice rink at the Fulton Mall
- Amber Alert issued for 14-year-old Kennewick Girl
- Two of three missing Dinuba children found safe
- Nelson Mandela has died at the age of 95
- Effort to complete Herndon bike trail underway
- Teenage serial burglar, 14, arrested in Merced
- Wanted Fresno burglar caught on camera
- Body of missing Delano woman found in canal
- Two injured in Madera drive-by shooting
- American teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- US economy grows at 3.6 percent rate in 3rd quarter
- Foothill residents preparing for freezing temps
- US jobless claims drop to 316,000, as layoffs slow
- Video: Fresno's homeless search for shelter from...