Couple arrested in Las Vegas over boy in box
GALVESTON, TX -- A Texas man and his wife have been arrested in Las Vegas amid allegations they forced his 9-year-old son at times to live in a locked wooden box.
Clark County, Nev., jail records show the Galveston man and woman were being held without bond Thursday on charges of unlawful restraint of a child and injury to a child. Attorneys weren't listed for the pair who were arrested Wednesday after being indicted in March.
Galveston police say the boy ran from home away last July. Child Protective Services officials placed him in foster care.
A police affidavit said the family's home was searched for evidence of possible child pornography. Investigators located an 8-by-6 foot particleboard box in the laundry room.
The Associated Press does not identify victims of suspected sex crimes.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
- George the Giraffe thanks kind students
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season
- Clovis man gets prison time in laser-pointer case