Couple arrested in Las Vegas over boy in box
GALVESTON, TX -- A Texas man and his wife have been arrested in Las Vegas amid allegations they forced his 9-year-old son at times to live in a locked wooden box.
Clark County, Nev., jail records show the Galveston man and woman were being held without bond Thursday on charges of unlawful restraint of a child and injury to a child. Attorneys weren't listed for the pair who were arrested Wednesday after being indicted in March.
Galveston police say the boy ran from home away last July. Child Protective Services officials placed him in foster care.
A police affidavit said the family's home was searched for evidence of possible child pornography. Investigators located an 8-by-6 foot particleboard box in the laundry room.
The Associated Press does not identify victims of suspected sex crimes.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Fresno woman says Covered California "saved her life"
- New twist in case of murdered Fresno sex offender
- Lemoore considers tough water rules
- Suspicious bags found by Boston Marathon scene
- 2 dead after ferry sinks off South Korean coast 21 min ago
- Memorial in place for fallen Merced police officers
- Moment of silence marks Boston Marathon bombings
- Overturned beer truck causes havoc during morning commute
- US backs Ukraine military action in east region
- Miley Cyrus hospitalized, cancels Kansas City show
- Tulare County-based drug smuggling ring busted
- Photos: Boston Marathon: One year later
- Photos: Blood Moon seen across Valley skies
- Man rushes past security at Fresno airport