Girl, 4, found home alone, hooked up to medical device
HOUSTON -- A home alone case in southwest Houston has a mother facing serious charges. Authorities say the mother left a four-year-old girl with a medical condition alone. When the child was discovered, she was hooked up to a breathing machine.
It happened around 1pm at an apartment complex the 9700 block of Court Glen Drive at about 1pm.
The young mother wouldn't look at our camera as she sat in the back of a patrol car. From SkyEye HD, she looked visibly upset as her friend gave deputies an earful. She was separated from her three children and she was going to jail.
"It's none of your business what happened here," she told us.
Our questions were not well-received when we first arrived and the dialogue never got better.
According to the Harris County Precinct 5 Constable's Office, a deputy was serving an eviction notice at Apartment 712 when he discovered a young girl alone in her crib attached to both breathing and feeding machines.
Workers hustled to empty out the apartment, displaying an assortment of medical equipment. The constable's office says the girl was unresponsive when they tried to talk to her. The mother arrived a short time later with another child and said she had gone to the store. The disabled child was taken to the hospital.
Relatives took custody of two other young children, ages 1 and 3, and the protective woman who was with the mother at the scene never gave us a straight answer.
"Are you her sister?" we asked.
"Are you her sister? Exactly," she replied.
The mother has been identified as Latasha Lanette Davison.
CPS is also investigating. A spokesperson tells us the girl was still in the hospital as of Thursday night.
The mother is being held the Harris County Jail on a child endangerment charge.
local, jessica willey
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network 38 min ago
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
- George the Giraffe thanks kind students
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season
- Clovis man gets prison time in laser-pointer case