Houston Pavilions gets new name in rebrand
HOUSTON -- A street party is happening in downtown Houston to celebrate the renaming of the Houston Pavilions.
The three block area of shops, offices and entertainment businesses is now renamed Green Street. Developers Midway and Canyon-Johnson bought the Pavilions last year. The pair plans to add more outdoor areas such as patios and new landscaping.
"It fits in well with the long-term plans that we are merging toward in the city of Houston. You will see and have already seen some dramatic changes that are occurring in downtown," said Andy Icken, Chief Development Officer with the City of Houston.
The developers hope to rebrand the shopping center into a destination spot. Midway did the same type of thing with CityCentre in west Houston.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- Arrest made in Tulare County officer-involved shooting
- Surveillance video released in Hanford murder
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Photos: Massive fire damages vacant building in SF
- Mariposa is putting limits on marijuana grows
- Noticeable drop in Valley flu cases
- New painkiller 10 times stronger than Vicodin
- Athletes embracing "extreme" exercise trends
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
abc30.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos