Houston Pavilions gets new name in rebrand
HOUSTON -- A street party is happening in downtown Houston to celebrate the renaming of the Houston Pavilions.
The three block area of shops, offices and entertainment businesses is now renamed Green Street. Developers Midway and Canyon-Johnson bought the Pavilions last year. The pair plans to add more outdoor areas such as patios and new landscaping.
"It fits in well with the long-term plans that we are merging toward in the city of Houston. You will see and have already seen some dramatic changes that are occurring in downtown," said Andy Icken, Chief Development Officer with the City of Houston.
The developers hope to rebrand the shopping center into a destination spot. Midway did the same type of thing with CityCentre in west Houston.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Fresno police target gangs in new operation
- $20 thousand reward for missing Fresno man
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled
- Ex-Fresno paralegal found guilty of murder
- Warming tent setup for homeless in Merced County
- Debate on Fresno's water rate hike gets heated
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela
- Lemoore Naval Air Station pilots return home
- Fatal Planada shooting alarmingly similar to another
- Sonic apologizes for racist sign
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide
- Lawsuit filed after arrest made in Elbow Room fight
- 6 missing people found alive in northern Nevada
- Putin vows to beef up Arctic military presence