Passenger killed in Madera County crash
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- An investigation is underway into the cause of a deadly accident in the North Valley.
It happened at 7:30 a.m. Friday morning on Road 28 1/2, near Avenue 13 1/2 in Madera County. The CHP says the driver was headed south on Road 28 1/2 when he lost control and hit a tree.
A passenger in the car was killed, the driver is in serious condition at a Fresno hospital.
"It was clear, there weren't any factors that would indicate there was any roadway defect or anything like that," said Kevin Hickman, CHP.
The CHP said the men left work before the accident, they believe alcohol was not a factor in the accident.
madera, madera county, local
- Man arrested for beating outside Elbow Room
- Fatal car accident kills pedestrian in Merced
- Valley farmers see minimal damage to citrus crops 3 min ago
- Fresno State to play USC Las Vegas Bowl
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Rain could pose threat to Valley orange crops
- Toys for Tots Marathon Weekend 2013
- Low elevation snow catches some off guard
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004
- Man wanted for shooting near Fresno ice rink arrested
- Fresno State defeats Utah State 24-17
- Train hits pedestrian and dog in Central Fresno
- HWY 41 opens near Tenaya Lodge after closed due to snow
- Video: Mountain communities wake up to snow