Three inmates escape from Merced County jail
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Merced County Sheriff's Office is looking for three inmates who they say escaped from jail Saturday night.
Brandon Crane is wanted on several firearm related charges.
Felipe Lopez-Valle is also facing multiple charges, including vehicle theft and Manuel Garcia is wanted for assault with a deadly weapon and domestic violence.
Authorities discovered the men were missing during a head count around midnight at the John Latorraca Correctional Center.
They say the inmates forced a hole in the ceiling, jumped down from the roof, and scaled a security fence to get away.
The sheriff's office has issued a "be on the lookout" to other agencies in the area and is actively searching for the men.
The jail has been prone to escapes in recent years, and officials say it was never meant to hold high risk offenders.
merced county, local
- Fatal car accident kills pedestrian in Merced
- Fresno State to play USC Las Vegas Bowl
- Deputies search for missing 31-year-old Huron man
- Rain could pose threat to Valley orange crops 3 min ago
- Toys for Tots Marathon Weekend 2013
- Low elevation snow catches some off guard
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004
- Man wanted for shooting near Fresno ice rink arrested
- Fresno State defeats Utah State 24-17
- Train hits pedestrian and dog in Central Fresno
- HWY 41 opens near Tenaya Lodge after closed due to snow 32 min ago
- Video: Mountain communities wake up to snow
- Nelson Mandela family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Reindeer escapes from Santa at Colorado mall
- Rain could pose threat to Central Valley...
47 min ago