Three inmates escape from Merced County jail
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Merced County Sheriff's Office is looking for three inmates who they say escaped from jail Saturday night.
Brandon Crane is wanted on several firearm related charges.
Felipe Lopez-Valle is also facing multiple charges, including vehicle theft and Manuel Garcia is wanted for assault with a deadly weapon and domestic violence.
Authorities discovered the men were missing during a head count around midnight at the John Latorraca Correctional Center.
They say the inmates forced a hole in the ceiling, jumped down from the roof, and scaled a security fence to get away.
The sheriff's office has issued a "be on the lookout" to other agencies in the area and is actively searching for the men.
The jail has been prone to escapes in recent years, and officials say it was never meant to hold high risk offenders.
merced county, local
- Amber Alert issued for 4 LA-area children
- Missing jet flew for 6+ hours after contact drop 59 min ago
- Visalia shooting sends man to hospital
- Merced County marijuana grow lands man in jail
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies 48 min ago
- 8 kids, 4 adults involved in SW Fresno crash
- Family remembers murder victim, forgetting killer
- Suspected gang members arrested in Winton murder
- Visalia man accused of sexual conduct with boy
- West readies sanctions on Russia after Crimea vote
- Valley residents seeing more black widow spiders
- Weather to warm up for CA Classic Half-Marathon
- Man arrested for biting off infant son's nose
- Good Sports: Clovis High baseball