Execution-style murder trial continues in Madera County
MADERA COUNTY, Calif. (KFSN) -- Jurors headed home after a third day of testimony in a Madera County murder trial.
Cameras were not allowed in the courtroom Wednesday, but video from a previous hearing shows the defendants -- Jesus Reynoso Flores and Jose Ventura.
Authorities say they murdered 18-year-old Alberto Ivan Torres just 20 minutes into his first day on the job at a dairy near Chowchilla in 2008.
Surveillance video captured the execution-style shooting, which a second victim survived.
Torres' uncle told Action News he doesn't want to attend the trial because it's too hard for him to see the men accused of killing his nephew.
"Everyone who knew Ivan, he was such good guy," said Eduardo Torres. "He didn't do nothing wrong to nobody. Everybody who was close to him they really love him."
Much of the testimony Wednesday afternoon centered around audio recordings, which witnesses say captured Jesus Flores talking about the murder.
shooting, crimetracker, murder, chowchilla, madera county, madera, madera ranchos, local, sara sandrik
- 2 dead after ferry sinks off South Korean coast 28 min ago
- Boston police safely blow up suspicious backpacks 28 min ago
- Fresno woman says Covered California "saved her life"
- New twist in case of murdered Fresno sex offender
- Lemoore considers tough water rules
- Memorial in place for fallen Merced police officers
- Moment of silence marks Boston Marathon bombings
- Overturned beer truck causes havoc during morning commute
- US backs Ukraine military action in east region
- Miley Cyrus hospitalized, cancels Kansas City show
- Tulare County-based drug smuggling ring busted
- Photos: Boston Marathon: One year later
- Photos: Blood Moon seen across Valley skies
- Man rushes past security at Fresno airport