Execution-style murder trial continues in Madera County
MADERA COUNTY, Calif. (KFSN) -- Jurors headed home after a third day of testimony in a Madera County murder trial.
Cameras were not allowed in the courtroom Wednesday, but video from a previous hearing shows the defendants -- Jesus Reynoso Flores and Jose Ventura.
Authorities say they murdered 18-year-old Alberto Ivan Torres just 20 minutes into his first day on the job at a dairy near Chowchilla in 2008.
Surveillance video captured the execution-style shooting, which a second victim survived.
Torres' uncle told Action News he doesn't want to attend the trial because it's too hard for him to see the men accused of killing his nephew.
"Everyone who knew Ivan, he was such good guy," said Eduardo Torres. "He didn't do nothing wrong to nobody. Everybody who was close to him they really love him."
Much of the testimony Wednesday afternoon centered around audio recordings, which witnesses say captured Jesus Flores talking about the murder.
shooting, crimetracker, murder, chowchilla, madera county, madera, madera ranchos, local, sara sandrik
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- Valley business gear up for next Fresno State game
- FUSD improves nationally but still behind peers
- Wood burning contributes to bad air quality in the Valley
- Bad air keeps some Valley students indoors
- Health Watch: Pinpointing prostate cancer
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Public tickets to the Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl sold out
- Calif senator: Revenge porn law should include selfies
- Mega Million Winning Numbers
- Accuweather Forecast
18 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos