Exploding lantern starts commercial-fire in Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Firefighters battled flames at a West Central Fresno business Friday. It was sparked by a fuel-powered lantern that exploded.
The fire started just before 5 a.m. at the business on Brawley Avenue near Nielsen Avenue.
Firefighters say a man living in the building lit a lantern before going to sleep and a short time later he woke up to flames. They say the building did not have any power and was being used for storage.
The man says he had permission from the owner to live in the building. The fire was quickly put out and no one was injured.
fresno, fresno county, fresno west central, fire, local
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified
- Mexico government 100 pct sure drug capo killed 29 min ago
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- New Target store opens in Northwest Fresno 49 min ago
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Lions owner William Clay Ford dies at 88
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- 3D printer and Twitter used to make Oreo cookies