Merced woman accused of kidnapping a child
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Merced woman is in jail after police say she kidnapped a two-to-four-year-old boy early Friday morning.
Merced Police say around two this morning they responded to a call about a break-in at the Convington Creek Apartments. A mother at the complex said her son was sleeping in their living room when the suspect, Felicia Long broke in, took the child and ran off.
Police say the mother attempted to stop Long as Long threw the boy down and kicked him. They say the mother was then hit several times in the head and face.
Both the mother and her son were treated on scene by paramedics. Both sustained only minor injuries.
Long was arrested and now faces kidnapping, residential burglary, aggravated assault, child abuse, and vandalism charges.
merced, merced county, kidnapping, local
- Malaysian official: Investigators conclude jet hijacked 4 min ago
- SW Fresno crash sends 12 people to hospital
- Family remembers murder victim, forgetting killer
- FDIC sues 16 big banks that set key rate
- Valley residents seeing more black widow spiders
- West readies sanctions on Russia after Crimea vote
- Weather to warm up for CA Classic Half-Marathon 30 min ago
- States sue over California's egg laws
- Sailor in iconic WWII photo dies
- Fresno cop investigated for auto theft, drugs
- Chef Shayna's Irish favorites
- Photos: Chef Shayna Shareable Recipes
- YouTube: Newborn Gorilla Recovers After Emergency...
- John Hancock observatory in Chicago to Tilt