Merced woman accused of kidnapping a child
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Merced woman is in jail after police say she kidnapped a two-to-four-year-old boy early Friday morning.
Merced Police say around two this morning they responded to a call about a break-in at the Convington Creek Apartments. A mother at the complex said her son was sleeping in their living room when the suspect, Felicia Long broke in, took the child and ran off.
Police say the mother attempted to stop Long as Long threw the boy down and kicked him. They say the mother was then hit several times in the head and face.
Both the mother and her son were treated on scene by paramedics. Both sustained only minor injuries.
Long was arrested and now faces kidnapping, residential burglary, aggravated assault, child abuse, and vandalism charges.
merced, merced county, kidnapping, local
- Truck driver pinned while making delivery in Fresno
- Man arrested after a shooting spree in Fresno
- Hanford man found dead inside a car in Armona
- 3 cars and FAX bus involved in crash
- Man arrested for beating outside Elbow Room
- Deputies search for missing 31-year-old Huron man
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face US charges 12 min ago
- Fatal car accident kills pedestrian in Merced
- Valley farmers see minimal damage to citrus crops
- National memorial to be held for Nelson Mandela
- New Jersey restaurant parts ways with gay waitress
- Avatars helping athletes
- Costly headphone disappoints
- 2 arrested in Tulare Co for allegedly shooting man several times