Bus crashes near Yosemite, injuring 16 people
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- We now know why the tour bus driver went off the road. 16 people are being treated at valley hospitals, some at Community Regional Medical Center.
The California Highway Patrol says the driver may have been going too fast for the curvy roads. He lost control sending the bus off the road and over an embankment. The bus then hit a tree.
The accident happened about 40 miles south of Yosemite National Park near road 630.
fresno, fresno county, yosemite national park, mariposa, mariposa county, local
- Fresno State defeats Utah State 24-17
- Deputies search for missing 31-year-old Huron man
- Highway 41 closed near Tenaya Lodge
- Train hits pedestrian and dog in Central Fresno
- Video: Mountain communities wake up to snow
- Nelson Mandela family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Reindeer escapes from Santa at Colorado mall
- Toys for Tots marathon kicks off at River Park
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks attack anniversary
- One injured in Central Fresno drive-by shooting
- Animal shelter seeks donations to keep dogs warm
- Freezing temperatures take toll on small Valley farms
- Police increase patrols on Fulton Mall after shooting
- Valley utility workers gear up for freezing weather