Man shot in his back while riding bicycle in Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Police in Southwest Fresno are searching for suspects after a man was shot in the back while riding his bicycle.
The shooting happened at Modoc Street and Oleander Avenue around 3 p.m. Paramedics put the victim into an ambulance before rushing him to Community Regional Medical Center. Police say someone drove by and fired as many as ten shots. The man was hit in his lower back and arm.
He's in serious, but stable condition. Investigators are now looking for a car spotted near the crime scene.
Sgt. John Jensen said, "We do have one description of a white four door vehicle that was seen leaving the area... Or if it does in fact contain suspects."
Police say the victim was reportedly riding his bicycle to his grandmother's house at the time of the shooting.
They are investigating this case as a possible gang-related crime.
fresno, fresno county, fresno southwest, shooting, local
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai 53 min ago
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Bad air keeps some Valley students indoors
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Man accused of killing Los Banos boy in crash changes plea
- Public tickets to the Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl sold out
- Calif senator: Revenge porn law should include selfies
- Mega Million Winning Numbers
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Scams can include investments with friends
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
52 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos