Huge fire burns 4 businesses in Central Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno Firefighters arrived at the Mayfair Shopping Center within minutes of smoke being reported by a passerby. The Train Depot, Super Suds Laundry, Jesse's Seafood Market and Thai Phooket were destroyed by the fire.
Officials said the type of roofing on the building made the flames spread quickly through the entire structure. It's estimated to be a total loss.
Early Tuesday morning, employees of The Train Depot restaurant came out to see the aftermath of the fire. The owner and employees say they were devastated to see the restaurant burn to the ground. The business has been there for more than three decades. The owner said she plans to reopen.
Firefighters continued to check on the business throughout the day for any areas that may re-ignite. At this time, it does not appear suspicious, but the fire remains under investigation.
Seven engines and two trucks put out the fire. First Street and some nearby side street were closed Tuesday morning, but has since re-opened. Nobody was hurt.
fresno, fresno central, fresno county, fire, local, amanda venegas
- Crews search for Fresno man near Shaver Lake
- Los Banos mom kicks teen in the head, police say
- Fresno's most notorious mass murder remembered
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach over trash dispute
- Undercover: CPD stopping alcohol sales to minors 12 min ago
- Honey oil explosion ends with felony arrest 23 min ago
- Requests to carry concealed guns surges in Calif.
- Fresno State launches Good Samaritan Fund
- Teachers are in demand at VUSD
- Report: Chinese site may show plane debris images
- California seeks to dam 3 Delta channels
- Gaza militants fire large rocket barrage at Israel
- 2 NYC buildings collapse, 2 dead, others missing
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher