Visalia man arrested for gun store burglary
VISALIA, Calif. (KFSN) -- A man is under arrest in connection with a gun store burglary. Visalia police say Frankie Avina, 34, stole several weapons from Easley's Shooting Supplies.
Surveillance video shows the suspect, stealing two guns from a display case while the owner briefly left the room. Investigators say a week later he came back after hours to break-in to the store, but ran away after an alarm sounded.
Jerry White with Easley's Shooting Supplies says it has added extra locks on display cases since the crimes. "Very bold I was really surprised especially after spending 30 minutes in the store talking with me and being friendly."
When officers arrested Avina, they say he had a high-powered assault weapon in the backseat of his car, with-in reach of a four-year-old. Avina is now facing more charges on top of the commercial burglary charges.
crimetracker, burglary, visalia, tulare, tulare county, local, jessica peres
- Fresno State defeats Utah State 24-17
- Deputies search for missing 31-year-old Huron man
- Highway 41 closed near Tenaya Lodge
- Train hits pedestrian and dog in Central Fresno
- Video: Mountain communities wake up to snow
- Nelson Mandela family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Reindeer escapes from Santa at Colorado mall
- Toys for Tots marathon kicks off at River Park
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks attack anniversary
- One injured in Central Fresno drive-by shooting
- Animal shelter seeks donations to keep dogs warm
- Freezing temperatures take toll on small Valley farms
- Police increase patrols on Fulton Mall after shooting
- Valley utility workers gear up for freezing weather