Fatal officer-involved shooting in Visalia
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Visalia Police are investigating a deadly officer involved shooting. Authorities say they killed an armed suspect near the area of Cherry Street and Bollinger Avenue Saturday evening.
There were detectives all over the Visalia neighborhood where the incident occurred. Officers say they were responding to calls where a person was firing shots at other people nearby. When the officers arrived, they say they found the suspect in the intersection of Cherry and Bollinger.
It's unknown at this time whether the person fired shots at the officers, however, a Sgt. of the Visalia Police Department told Action News that the officers felt threatened enough to fire shots at the suspect, ultimately killing him.
The suspect has not been identified.
The Crime Lab was on scene and was investigating what led up to the shooting. Tulare County Sheriff's deputies are investigating the officer-involved shooting as well.
visalia, tulare, tulare county, officer involved shooting, local
- Amber Alert issued for 14-year-old Kennewick Girl
- Small Hmong farms losing crops to bitter cold
- One person shot near the ice rink at the Fulton Mall
- Nelson Mandela has died at the age of 95 50 min ago
- US unemployment falls from 7.3 to 7 percent
- Two of three missing Dinuba children found safe
- Closing arguments in murder trial against paralegal
- Candlelight Christmas Tractor Parade and Wine Stroll
- Effort to complete Herndon bike trail underway
- Teenage serial burglar, 14, arrested in Merced
- Wanted Fresno burglar caught on camera
- Body of missing Delano woman found in canal
- Two injured in Madera drive-by shooting
- American teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- Fire Safety