Fatal officer-involved shooting in Visalia
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Visalia Police are investigating a deadly officer involved shooting. Authorities say they killed an armed suspect near the area of Cherry Street and Bollinger Avenue Saturday evening.
There were detectives all over the Visalia neighborhood where the incident occurred. Officers say they were responding to calls where a person was firing shots at other people nearby. When the officers arrived, they say they found the suspect in the intersection of Cherry and Bollinger.
It's unknown at this time whether the person fired shots at the officers, however, a Sgt. of the Visalia Police Department told Action News that the officers felt threatened enough to fire shots at the suspect, ultimately killing him.
The suspect has not been identified.
The Crime Lab was on scene and was investigating what led up to the shooting. Tulare County Sheriff's deputies are investigating the officer-involved shooting as well.
visalia, tulare, tulare county, officer involved shooting, local
- Air force chief: Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Plea deal for inmate accused of killing correctional officer
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving Fresno County
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals