Corcoran YMCA's future is unclear
CORCORAN, Calif. (KFSN) -- The golden state YMCA in Visalia says it's hoping to restructure its finances to create a sustainable future for the organization.
Recently, the Corcoran YMCA disassociated itself with the YMCA name and formed its own public corporation called the RAC or Recreation Association of Corcoran.
Administrators in Corcoran assure the community the services will remain the same.
In Visalia, two properties owned by Golden State YMCA are up for sale as administrators look to move services to a different location in the city.
Tim foster with Golden State YMCA said, "We are trying to do a lot of adjustments in the way we operate financially to make sure all of our bills get paid."
Steve Brown with the Recreation Association of Corcoran said, "Our board is going to pursue looking into that possibility to continue as a YMCA we just could not do it immediately at this present time."
The RAC in Corcoran says it will decide in the next six months whether or not it will renew its YMCA charter or remain a stand-alone facility.
corcoran, visalia, tulare county, local, jessica peres
- Video: Valentine closed near Ashlan due to police investigation 56 min ago
- Dustin Gran murder trial gets underway in Modesto
- Woman fatally struck by vehicle on Highway 180
- Fresno cracks down on stolen shopping carts
- Con man steals millions from elderly 16 min ago
- Man sentenced in fatal Los Banos DUI crash
- Photos: 16th-century 'rocket cat' weaponry pictures
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Growers discuss issues at Citrus Showcase
- Consumer Reports: Beware of tax scams
- Downtown Fresno gas leak prompts evacuations
- Russian power play: Crimea vote on joining Russia
- George Radanovich to announce he won't run for governor
- Business leaders discuss drought impact