Fatal shooting investigation in Central Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Police are investigating a deadly shooting in Central Fresno. The shooting happened around 3:00 Wednesday afternoon.
The victim was shot outside a home on Nevada Avenue near Barton. We're told the victim was rushed to the hospital where he died a short time later.
Police say they have the suspected shooter in custody. He's also at the hospital - with injuries -- after police say -- he tried to break into a home following the shooting.
Detectives also say they recovered the gun used in the shooting.
Investigators with the homicide and gang units are working this case. They say both the suspect and victim are gang members.
crimetracker, shooting, fresno central, fresno, fresno county, local, rick montanez
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Man dies after being shot in the chest in Parlier
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard 54 min ago
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it 14 min ago
- One person dead in Northwest Fresno accident
- Near drownings on the rise 40 min ago
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- AP: FBI investigates prison company
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Valley veteran surprised with Purple Heart
- Photos: Chef Shayna Shareable Recipes
- Fresno residents can dispose of old tires for free