Porterville man found dead after shooting
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Porterville police are investigating a shooting which left a 35-year-old man dead.
It happened around 1:00 in the morning near Prospect and Tomah. But detectives say no one called police until late Thursday morning.
Investigators say Refugio Reyes was inside his house when someone fired shots from outside. They're now interviewing witnesses and neighbors, and trying to figure out what led up to the shooting.
Sgt. Dominic Barteau said, "Some neighbors say they heard gunshots regularly so they don't think anything of it, I'm not sure why somebody wouldn't call immediately if you hear an altercation or gunshots you should call immediately."
Detectives say they have some good leads on the suspect. This is Porterville's second homicide of the year.
crimetracker, shooting, porterville, tulare county, local, stephanie stone
- Authorities investigate a shooting in Madera County
- Los Angeles police arrest man in severed head case
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- Cornell president named new head of Smithsonian
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Bees attack drivers after SoCal car crash
- Man holds out atop roof of San Diego FBI building
- Toddler uses FaceTime to help mom after dog bite
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified
- Mexico government 100 pct sure drug capo killed