Fresno schools and open availability for children
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The new school year is still months away, but Fresno Unified is already encouraging parents to enroll their little ones in early learning programs.
The district held a registration fair Saturday. The event allowed parents to sign their kids up for school and get them the proper immunizations at the same time.
Organizers say it's important to start the educational process at a very young age.
Maqueda Randall-Weeks, assistant superintendent for early learning said, "This is the first jolt for learning. We want to make sure they have a wonderful foundation because we understand if they're not reading and writing by grade three, that we're already going to have some concerns. So we need to move them at the right time and at the right space."
Organizers were extremely happy with Saturday's turnout for their very first registration fair. They say it was so successful; another fair has already been scheduled for August 10th.
fresno, fresno county, local
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
- George the Giraffe thanks kind students
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos