NAS Lemoore pilots reunite with their loved ones
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Nearly 50 fighter-pilots are home in the Valley Sunday night after an eight month deployment overseas.
They returned to Lemoore Naval Air Station and put on an air show before reuniting with their loved ones. It was a sight to see and behold, as four strike-fighter squadrons flew into the Lemoore Naval Air Station Sunday morning.
Families of those returning held flags and signs to welcome home their heroes from an overseas deployment.
Military spouse Susan Locke said, "There's excitement but anticipation, he provides such a service to our country and it's a sacrifice for all of us. This is just a wonderful time when he finally gets to be reunited with all of us."
And the anticipation grew even more as relatives had to wait for all jets to land before running onto the tarmac.
And once given the okay it was a race like no other.
Commander Tommy Locke saw his kids a little taller than when he last saw them.
Locke said, "It's a little overwhelming I think with all the emotions but it's great to see them after 7 and a half, 8 months."
But for one family it was more than just a reunion, as a baby girl was to meet her father for the first time.
Military spouse Bethany Weisser said, "He is going to welcome home his 6 week old baby girl, Caroline Elizabeth."
Weisser's family grew by one during the time her husband was deployed.
Kendall Weisser, daughter said, "What are you going to do when he first lands? Run to him. And what are you going to tell him? I love you."
And that they did.
"Oh I love you guys so much, - here's Caroline -oh hello, hello," Weisser said as he introduced himself to his new daughter.
"It feels great, I've only seen her in pictures, it's a real special feeling," Weisser said.
In total, 46 fighter pilots arrived on jets, Sunday, but the reunion is not yet over as close to 500 crewmembers will arrive on Monday.
lemoore, lemoore naval air station, lemoore station, local, carlos saucedo
- SW Fresno crash sends 12 people to hospital
- Family remembers murder victim, forgetting killer
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence 11 min ago
- FDIC sues 16 big banks that set key rate
- Valley residents seeing more black widow spiders
- States sue over California's egg laws 24 min ago
- West readies sanctions on Russia after Crimea vote
- Sailor in iconic WWII photo dies
- Trevor Bishop charged with murder in child death
- Fresno cop investigated for auto theft, drugs
- Chef Shayna's Irish favorites
- Photos: Chef Shayna Shareable Recipes
- YouTube: Newborn Gorilla Recovers After Emergency...
- John Hancock observatory in Chicago to Tilt