Fresno police chase ends in crash, suspect arrested
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A short car chase came to a crashing end on the streets of Northwest Fresno.
It happened Monday night around 11 p.m. near the intersection of West and Emerson.
Fresno Police say it started when officers tried to pull over a vehicle for a traffic violation. Police said the suspect, Raul Reyes, did not stop and led police on a short chase at high rates of speed.
Police said the chase ended when Reyes, who's a known gang member, crashed into two parked cars. He was arrested for an outstanding warrant for narcotics. Police say he also had a gun in the car.
No one was injured in the incident.
fresno, fresno county, fresno northwest, police chase, local
- Edison High School ROP teacher shot in classroom
- Copper thieves flood Tower District businesses
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
- Authorities file charges in Elbow Room beating
- Valley experts give advice after Target accounts hacked
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1
- Consumer Watch: Handheld video gaming devices 35 min ago
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Freeze impacts one Valley farmer's tropical fruit harvest
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- In-N-Out opens in Hanford 30 min ago
- City of Fresno hiring to help city development
- Dozens injured at partial London theater collapse
- Murders, car thefts, robberies up in Visalia other crimes down
- Consumer Watch: Handheld video gaming devices
31 min ago
- Fresno State Bulldogs get out of practice...
48 min ago
- Online love connection leads to some...
49 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos