Tulare police: attempted traffic stop ends in shooting
TULARE, Calif. (KFSN) -- Authorities are investigating an officer-involved shooting after an attempted traffic stop by a police officer in Tulare.
PRESS RELEASE -- Officers with the Tulare Police Department attempted to initiate a traffic stop on a vehicle at Bardsley Avenue and K Street, within the city of Tulare.
The Driver of the vehicle failed to yield to the traffic stop and a vehicle pursuit ensued. During the pursuit several items that are believed to be illegal narcotics were thrown from the suspect vehicle.
The pursuit terminated south of Avenue 196 and east of Road 212 in the area of Plainview. The apprehension of the driver resulted in a shooting involving an officer of the Tulare Police Department.
The adult male driver sustained a gunshot wound that is not believed to be life threatening. The subject was taken to a local hospital for treatment of his injuries. The officer involved shooting is being investigated by the Tulare County Sheriff's Office. There is no additional information to provide at this time.
crimetracker, officer involved shooting, shooting, strathmore, tulare, tulare county, local, jessica peres
- SoCal nurse in critical condition after stabbing 3 min ago
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Health care site flagged in Heartbleed review
- NASA: Engineer vital to moon landing success dies
- Chopper drops 2,600 golf balls for a good cause
- Blackbeard's hosts large Easter egg hunt
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart