Tulare police: attempted traffic stop ends in shooting
TULARE, Calif. (KFSN) -- Authorities are investigating an officer-involved shooting after an attempted traffic stop by a police officer in Tulare.
PRESS RELEASE -- Officers with the Tulare Police Department attempted to initiate a traffic stop on a vehicle at Bardsley Avenue and K Street, within the city of Tulare.
The Driver of the vehicle failed to yield to the traffic stop and a vehicle pursuit ensued. During the pursuit several items that are believed to be illegal narcotics were thrown from the suspect vehicle.
The pursuit terminated south of Avenue 196 and east of Road 212 in the area of Plainview. The apprehension of the driver resulted in a shooting involving an officer of the Tulare Police Department.
The adult male driver sustained a gunshot wound that is not believed to be life threatening. The subject was taken to a local hospital for treatment of his injuries. The officer involved shooting is being investigated by the Tulare County Sheriff's Office. There is no additional information to provide at this time.
crimetracker, officer involved shooting, shooting, strathmore, tulare, tulare county, local, jessica peres
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
- 2-year-old shot in the thigh in Atwater
- Edison High School ROP teacher shot in classroom
- NorCal teen brain-dead after tonsil surgery
- Authorities file charges in Elbow Room fight
- Wheels of Hope awards Valley family a new car
- 3 men die in sauna after drinking at Christmas party
- Serial killer missing after good behavior pass to see mom
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Teen shot on Third St. and Kadota Ave in Atwater
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos