Grass fire sets Fresno PG&E utility pole yard ablaze
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Crews are busy cleaning up from a brush fire that broke out in Northwest Fresno Tuesday afternoon. It started just after four o'clock near Shaw and Brawley.
Because of the heavy winds, the flames spread quickly toward businesses. Fire crews were able to stop it from reaching structures -- but it did manage to reach a yard of wooden utility poles -- at one point burning 500 of them.
The smoke could be seen from across the city. Officials say that's because of numerous fires burning throughout the city.
Officials intend to spend the rest of the night cleaning up and making sure nothing rekindles.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation.
fire, pg&e, fresno northwest, fresno, fresno county, local, sontaya rose
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka 39 min ago
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified
- Mexico government 100 pct sure drug capo killed
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- New Target store opens in Northwest Fresno
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Lions owner William Clay Ford dies at 88
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- 3D printer and Twitter used to make Oreo cookies