Police are investigating a fatal shooting in NE Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Police are investigating a fatal shooting in Northeast Fresno. A young man was found shot to death in the street at of Sierra Madre and Cedar. Not far from Fresno State.
Officers are talking to witnesses looking for a suspect. They were called out before eight o'clock, when residents reported hearing gun shots. When they arrived, they found a young man, dead in the street.
Lt. Jose Garza said, "When the officers arrived they found a victim, a black male in his 20's in the roadway with injuries to his head area. He was non-responsive, CPR was administered, the victim was taken to CRMC where he was pronounced deceased."
Witnesses told police a young man in his 20's ran from the scene. He's described as being African American, with long hair, wearing a t-shirt and shorts.
This is a rough part of town. A police officer shot two suspects in an incident here just this past Sunday
crimetracker, shooting, fresno, fresno northeast, fresno county, local, gene haagenson
- Air force chief: Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Plea deal for inmate accused of killing correctional officer
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving Fresno County
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals