Police are investigating a fatal shooting in NE Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Police are investigating a fatal shooting in Northeast Fresno. A young man was found shot to death in the street at of Sierra Madre and Cedar. Not far from Fresno State.
Officers are talking to witnesses looking for a suspect. They were called out before eight o'clock, when residents reported hearing gun shots. When they arrived, they found a young man, dead in the street.
Lt. Jose Garza said, "When the officers arrived they found a victim, a black male in his 20's in the roadway with injuries to his head area. He was non-responsive, CPR was administered, the victim was taken to CRMC where he was pronounced deceased."
Witnesses told police a young man in his 20's ran from the scene. He's described as being African American, with long hair, wearing a t-shirt and shorts.
This is a rough part of town. A police officer shot two suspects in an incident here just this past Sunday
crimetracker, shooting, fresno, fresno northeast, fresno county, local, gene haagenson
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital 3 min ago
- 'Family Annihilator' fugitive could be in California
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police
- Bogus Fresno Bee letter adds intrigue to DA campaign
- Visalia approves limiting residents' water use 11 min ago
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Gas prices rise as temperatures heat up
- Salmon moved on the San Joaquin River
- 59 Days of Code competition encouraging developers
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- Bloody suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- 'Real Housewives' star Porsha Williams arrested
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos