Authorities investigate a Fresno County pipe bomb explosion
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- An investigation is underway after a pipe bomb went off near Northwest Fresno.
The device exploded inside a mailbox in the area of Glenn near Gettysburg around 10:30 p.m. Tuesday.
The Fresno County Sheriff's Office says no one was hurt and it's unclear why that particular mailbox was targeted. Authorities say no other devices have been found in the area.
fresno county, fresno northwest, bombing, explosion, crimetracker, local
- Ryan Rodriquez kidnapping suspect descriptions released
- Gang member arrested after ABC30 story comment
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Merced Co. industrial explosion kills 1, injures 2
- Chief Dyer testifies in excessive force trial
- Police say internet cafe doubled as gambling house
- Son sought in beating of parents in Fresno
- Silent Sleigh and Mandela Controversy
- '12 Years,' 'Hustle' lead Globes nominations
- US unemployment aid applications surge to 368,000
- Merced Co. District Attorney Warns of IRS Phone Scam
- Walking Dead actress admits sending ricin to Obama
- Grieving Merced husband and father talks to ABC30
- 3 rescued from Fresno apartment fire
- Accuweather Forecast
32 min ago