Authorities investigate a Fresno County pipe bomb explosion
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- An investigation is underway after a pipe bomb went off near Northwest Fresno.
The device exploded inside a mailbox in the area of Glenn near Gettysburg around 10:30 p.m. Tuesday.
The Fresno County Sheriff's Office says no one was hurt and it's unclear why that particular mailbox was targeted. Authorities say no other devices have been found in the area.
fresno county, fresno northwest, bombing, explosion, crimetracker, local
- Harlem explosion, collapse leaves 2 dead, 22 hurt 5 min ago
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- Arrest made in Tulare Co officer-involved shooting 58 min ago
- Scammers nearly took a Merced woman for big cash
- Surveillance video released in Hanford murder
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Photos: Massive fire damages vacant building in SF
- Mariposa is putting limits on marijuana grows
- Noticeable drop in Valley flu cases
- New painkiller 10 times stronger than Vicodin
- Athletes embracing "extreme" exercise trends
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network