Ex-pastor in Chambers County accused of sexually assaulting child
HOUSTON -- The former pastor of a church in Chambers County is in jail, accused of sexually assaulting a child.
Eddie Shauberger, 58, was arrested in San Antonio, and is awaiting extradition back to Liberty County, where he used to live. He is charged with two counts of sexual assault of a child.
Shauberger is the former pastor of Oak Island Baptist Church in Chambers County. In the late 90s, he unsuccessfully ran for state representative.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- Divers begin pulling bodies from sunken ferry
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Health care site flagged in Heartbleed review
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- NASA: Engineer vital to moon landing success dies
- Chopper drops 2,600 golf balls for a good cause
- Blackbeard's hosts large Easter egg hunt
- Easter Brunch recipe