Two of top 25 most dangerous places to live in U.S. are in Houston
HOUSTON -- Two of the top 25 most dangerous places to live in the nation are right here in Houston.
NeighborhoodScout.com analyzed FBI data from thousands of local law enforcement agencies and found people have a very high chance of being a victim of crime if they live in one part of the Third Ward. The intersection of Dowling and McGowen came in at number 15 on the list. That means residents there have a one in 13 chance of becoming a victim of crime.
But you're more at risk if you live in Sunnyside. The intersection at Scott and Wilmington ranked sixth on the list. That means residents there have a one in 11 chance of being a victim of crime.
But it isn't all bad for our area. Houston-Baytown-Sugar Land ranked sixth among the nation's top 12 boomtowns, according to Bloomberg Rankings.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- The Red Wave hits the road
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Police search for suspects who shot a Fresno teacher
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Chance for 'Dogs to break bowl...
- Fire burns Three Rivers landmark
- Valley stores open extra hour for holiday rush
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
abc30.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos