Two of top 25 most dangerous places to live in U.S. are in Houston
HOUSTON -- Two of the top 25 most dangerous places to live in the nation are right here in Houston.
NeighborhoodScout.com analyzed FBI data from thousands of local law enforcement agencies and found people have a very high chance of being a victim of crime if they live in one part of the Third Ward. The intersection of Dowling and McGowen came in at number 15 on the list. That means residents there have a one in 13 chance of becoming a victim of crime.
But you're more at risk if you live in Sunnyside. The intersection at Scott and Wilmington ranked sixth on the list. That means residents there have a one in 11 chance of being a victim of crime.
But it isn't all bad for our area. Houston-Baytown-Sugar Land ranked sixth among the nation's top 12 boomtowns, according to Bloomberg Rankings.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher 46 min ago
- Arrest made in Tulare County officer-involved shooting
- Surveillance video released in Hanford murder 20 min ago
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- Drop in Valley flu cases
- New painkiller 10 times stronger than Vicodin
- Athletes embracing "extreme" exercise trends
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Vet saves poisoned dog with vodka
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
abc30.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos