New billboards around Harris County count down days to hurricane season
HOUSTON -- The start of hurricane season is just 30 days away and Harris County has launched countdowns on digital billboards, trying to spur people to prepare for hurricane season.
The county says messages on four digital billboards across the area will be seen eight million times a month.
"We're 30 days out so we're tying to remind residents of Harris County that the best time to prepare for hurricane season is before it actually starts on June first," said Francisco Sanchez with the Harris County Office of Emergency Management.
Go click the Hurricane Central tab on the left-hand side of the abc13.com home page where you will find lots of hurricane preparedness information, as well as tips on what supplies to have on hand, and how to get ready to evacuate before a storm hits.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- USC defeats Fresno St 45-20 in Las Vegas Bowl
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies
- Man stabs his uncle in the neck in SE Fresno
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- Apartment fire displaces 8 people in SE Fresno 47 min ago
- US holiday travelers brace for ice and snow
- Record number of manatee deaths reported in 2013
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Things you didn't know about reindeer
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Fresno Poverello House in need of toys for kids
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
abc30.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos