New billboards around Harris County count down days to hurricane season
HOUSTON -- The start of hurricane season is just 30 days away and Harris County has launched countdowns on digital billboards, trying to spur people to prepare for hurricane season.
The county says messages on four digital billboards across the area will be seen eight million times a month.
"We're 30 days out so we're tying to remind residents of Harris County that the best time to prepare for hurricane season is before it actually starts on June first," said Francisco Sanchez with the Harris County Office of Emergency Management.
Go click the Hurricane Central tab on the left-hand side of the abc13.com home page where you will find lots of hurricane preparedness information, as well as tips on what supplies to have on hand, and how to get ready to evacuate before a storm hits.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher 26 min ago
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- Search continues for Tulare County OIS suspect
- Drop in Valley flu cases
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Vet saves poisoned dog with vodka
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
abc30.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos