Winds fueled fire near Millerton Lake
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Gusty winds also fueled a fire that scorched nearly 20 acres near Millerton Lake.
It started around 4:15 Wednesday afternoon just east of the Cal Fire Millerton station on Friant Road.
At one point, the flames threatened five homes, as well as a state parks storage facility that houses potentially hazardous materials as well as fuel.
Because of the unusually dry conditions Cal Fire sent in extra crews to get a handle on the blaze.
Luckily, no homes were destroyed and no one was injured.
The cause is still under investigation.
fire, brush fire, widlfire, friant, millerton lake, local, linda mumma
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Parlier man shot and killed; neighbor arrested
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- Man dies after being hit by train in Downtown Fresno
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- Fresno PD: Man sitting in street struck, killed by car
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- Near drownings on the rise
- Students take part in robot competition in Madera
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos