Fresno Co rescue team warns of water dangers
FRESNO COUNTY, Calif. (KFSN) -- The temperatures are heating up, and that has more people looking for a way to cool off. While many head to local waterways, it's not always a safe choice.
It's tempting for people to cool off wherever they can, but water rescuers want people to be aware of the dangers before they get in the water and in trouble.
Every year at Lost Lake an average of 35 to 40 people end up needing help from the rescue team. Rescue crews plucked 87 people from Fresno County Rivers last year.
fresno county, lost lake, local, amanda venegas
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- Arrest made in Tulare County officer-involved shooting
- Drop in Valley flu cases
- New painkiller 10 times stronger than Vicodin
- Athletes embracing "extreme" exercise trends 19 min ago
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Vet saves poisoned dog with vodka
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos