Royal Caribbean to sail from Galveston year-round
GALVESTON, TX -- Royal Caribbean International says it'll begin sailing seven-day western Caribbean cruises out of Galveston year-round.
The Miami-based cruise line says it'll base the 3,114-passenger Voyager-class Navigator of the Seas at Galveston in November, replacing its Mariner of the Seas. The Navigator will head for dry dock in January for a monthlong revitalization, then return to service in Galveston in February.
Among the features to be added during the revitalization are a surf simulator, new restaurants and "virtual balconies" in some interior staterooms.
The Mariner has been sailing from Galveston after it was relocated from Los Angeles in January. Carnival Cruise Lines, Disney Cruise Line and Princess Cruises also sail from Galveston.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- The Red Wave hits the road
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Police search for suspects who shot a Fresno teacher
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Chance for 'Dogs to break bowl...
- Fire burns Three Rivers landmark
- Valley stores open extra hour for holiday rush
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
abc30.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos