Royal Caribbean to sail from Galveston year-round
GALVESTON, TX -- Royal Caribbean International says it'll begin sailing seven-day western Caribbean cruises out of Galveston year-round.
The Miami-based cruise line says it'll base the 3,114-passenger Voyager-class Navigator of the Seas at Galveston in November, replacing its Mariner of the Seas. The Navigator will head for dry dock in January for a monthlong revitalization, then return to service in Galveston in February.
Among the features to be added during the revitalization are a surf simulator, new restaurants and "virtual balconies" in some interior staterooms.
The Mariner has been sailing from Galveston after it was relocated from Los Angeles in January. Carnival Cruise Lines, Disney Cruise Line and Princess Cruises also sail from Galveston.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Final Crimea count: 97 percent back Russia
- Merced PD looks for witnesses to deadly shooting
- Final words from jet came after systems shutdown
- LA police say no leads in abduction of 4 kids
- Ukrainians in Fresno react to Crimea vote
- Child may be to blame for Fresno garage fire
- Crash sends Fresno police car into canal
- 16 killed in stampedes for jobs in Nigeria
- Merced police seek help to catch armed robber
- Magnitude-6.7 quake hits Chile's northern coast
- Consumer Reports: Skip extended car warranties
- Diamond 'Dogs swept by New Mexico
- 'Dogs women's, men's hoops set for postseason
- Oprah Winfrey to sell Harpo Studios in Chicago