Motorcycle cop sideswiped by vehicle on Gulf Freeway near 610 South Loop
HOUSTON -- A police officer is expected to be OK after crashing his motorcycle on the Gulf Freeway this morning.
Preliminary reports say the officer was escorting a wide load in the northbound lanes when he was sideswiped by a car near the 610 South Loop.
Our cameras caught the officer standing and speaking with the wrecker crews who were towing his mangled bike, so it appears he's OK.
No word on the condition of the driver who hit him.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Authorities probe murder outside Merced apartment
- Teenage boy shot and killed in Tulare
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens
- Visalia man accused of sexually exploiting boy
- Amber Alert issued for 4 LA-area children
- Ukraine says Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Fresno State women win Mountain West title
- Car wash held to help family of murdered coach
- Visalia shooting sends man to hospital
- Man arrested after Hanford drug and weapons bust
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Mendota PD seeks arsonist after patrol car torched
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Photos: Photos of David Brenner through the years