Two-alarm fire at high rise in Upper Kirby area prompts evacuation
HOUSTON -- A high rise in the Upper Kirby area was evacuated this afternoon after light smoke was reported there.
It happened at the building at 3303 Weslayan. The Houston Fire Department says the smoke was on the fifth floor of the building and multiple alarms were sounding.
At around 2:45pm, the fire went two alarms and the building was evacuated.
There are currently 30 Houston Fire Department units on the scene. No injuries have been reported.
We're gathering details and will bring you the very latest on abc13.com and Eyewitness News.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
- George the Giraffe thanks kind students
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
abc30.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos