Preparing kids for safe summer fun
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- As we get closer to summer, more families will be near the water. Experts say it's important to keep safety a priority, whether you're on vacation or at home.
Experts say it's the time of the year to make sure your children know how to swim and how to approach situations, whether you are at the beach or at a pool.
Drowning can happen at any time of year, but be especially cautious during the summer months when drowning incidents can increase up to 89 percent as compared to the rest of the year.
safety, local, amanda venegas
- Bulldog gang members have gun battle with officer
- Growers watch hourly temps as cold snap approaches
- Fresno supervisors approve moving coroner to sheriff
- Fracking: Central Valley boom or nightmare?
- Family blames company for flammable water
- Man tries to kill ex-girlfriend by setting fire to home
- Blue jean bandits hit Eye Candy Fashion Boutique
- Man and two children killed in Merced fire
- Video: Fresno's Christmas Tree Lane sees big crowds
- Suspect hit in Fresno Co. officer involved shooting
- City of Fresno to open warming center
- 68th annual Candy Cane Lane Parade sees changes
- Defense takes over in Fresno paralegal murder trial
- Pacheco High School founding principal loses battle with cancer
- A wish is coming true for a South Valley girl
44 min ago