Fresno man on meth allegedly bites another man's finger off
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Police are investigating a bizarre attack in Northwest Fresno that ended with a homeowner having his finger bitten off by a man investigators say ingested a near lethal dose of drugs.
Investigators say Scotty Blair told them he used too much meth before he went on a rampage early Friday morning. Officers say he leaped through a glass window before confronting a homeowner and biting his middle finger off- down to the knuckle.
Around 5:30 Friday morning, Fresno police say several neighbors woke up to a man terrorizing their neighborhood.
John Papaleo with the Fresno Police Department said, "A number of neighbors called in, said there was an individual who was walking around the neighborhood, who was agitated, who was tearing things off the fence- kicking fences, biting fences, scratching and destroying property."
Officers pulled up to find trash and broken household items in the street and behind a fence, police say Scotty Blair was hollering and screaming.
Investigators say Blair was cut up after he busted through a bay window then marched down the hall and confronted the homeowner.
Papaleo said, "We do know as the victim said he was fighting with the suspect, and trying to push him out, that the suspect bit a portion of his finger off. And that's completely off."
Officers found the finger in a bedroom and rushed it to medical crews in hopes it can be reattached.
One neighbor, who didn't want to be identified, said he left for work just before the pre-dawn tirade.
ABC30 asked, "Did you notice anything unusual this morning?"
He replied, "No, I always look for something unusual and i didn't notice anything this morning."
Investigators aren't sure why Blair picked this neighborhood, as far as they know, he doesn't know anyone in the immediate area.
Police say the suspect, seen in his Facebook photo with a dinosaur, is still unable to be interviewed. Officers are waiting for the effects of the drugs to wear off before they question Blair about his bizarre behavior.
As for the victim, officers say he has never seen the suspect before and was terrified by the man's superhuman strength.
Both the suspect and the victim are in the hospital right now. Blair is expected to face charges of assault with a deadly weapon, mayhem, and burglary.
crimetracker, fresno northwest, fresno, fresno county, local, sontaya rose
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Vigil held for slain Parlier football coach
- 8 kids, 4 adults involved in SW Fresno crash
- Family remembers murder victim, forgetting killer
- Suspected gang members arrested in Winton murder
- FDIC sues 16 big banks that set key rate
- West readies sanctions on Russia after Crimea vote
- Visalia man accused of sexual conduct with boy
- Valley residents seeing more black widow spiders
- Weather to warm up for CA Classic Half-Marathon
- States sue over California's egg laws
- Visalia school unveils new solar structures
- Sailor in iconic WWII photo dies
- 7 health apps you need to know about
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos