Woman injured in Visalia motel shooting
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Police are trying to track down the shooter who injured a woman at a Visalia motel late Friday night.
Several calls came into 9-1-1 reporting gunshots at the Marco Polo Motel just after ten.
When they got there, police found a 27-year-old woman who'd been hit.
They got her to the hospital, and then starting piecing together what led up to the shooting.
"We got some preliminary information that something might've occurred at the gasoline station in the parking lot and then moved over to the area where it actually occurred," Lt. Candido Alvarez of the Visalia Police Department said.
Witnesses told police they saw a black SUV speeding away from the area. Officers say the victim is in stable condition.
visalia, tulare county, shooting, crimetracker, local
- California seeks to dam 3 Delta channels 32 min ago
- 2 NYC buildings collapse, 2 dead, others missing 57 min ago
- Gaza militants fire large rocket barrage at Israel
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Arrest made in Tulare Co officer-involved shooting
- Fresno County man arrested after running from deputies
- Scammers nearly took a Merced woman for big cash
- Surveillance video released in Hanford murder
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Photos: Massive fire damages vacant building in SF
- Mariposa is putting limits on marijuana grows
- Noticeable drop in Valley flu cases