2 dead, 5 hurt after van crashes on Highway 99
FRESNO, Calif. -- Authorities say two Fresno men are dead and five others are hospitalized after a van carrying farmworkers overturned on Highway 99 in Fresno.
The California Highway Patrol says the group of six men and one woman was heading to work in a field in Kingsburg around 5:30 a.m. Saturday when the driver lost control of the van when tread separated from one of its tires.
The CHP says one of the occupants of the van died after being ejected from the van, while a second suffered fatal injuries.
The two men who died were identified by the Coroner's Office as 29-year-old Raul Dominguez Solis and 64-year-old Jose Guadalupe Zermeno, both of Fresno.
The five others - four men and one woman - suffered what the CHP described as moderate injuries.
- 4.7 earthquake shakes Los Angeles area 2 min ago
- Russia calls on Ukraine to be a federal state 21 min ago
- Merced PD looks for witnesses to deadly shooting
- LA police say no leads in abduction of 4 kids
- Final words from jet came after systems shutdown
- Teen mom speaks after infant son's nose bitten off
- Final Crimea count: 97 percent back Russia
- Los Angeles police get loaner Lamborghini
- Ukrainians in Fresno react to Crimea vote
- Child may be to blame for Fresno garage fire
- Crash sends Fresno police car into canal
- 16 killed in stampedes for jobs in Nigeria
- Merced police seek help to catch armed robber
- Magnitude-6.7 quake hits Chile's northern coast
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos