2 dead, 5 hurt after van crashes on Highway 99
FRESNO, Calif. -- Authorities say two Fresno men are dead and five others are hospitalized after a van carrying farmworkers overturned on Highway 99 in Fresno.
The California Highway Patrol says the group of six men and one woman was heading to work in a field in Kingsburg around 5:30 a.m. Saturday when the driver lost control of the van when tread separated from one of its tires.
The CHP says one of the occupants of the van died after being ejected from the van, while a second suffered fatal injuries.
The two men who died were identified by the Coroner's Office as 29-year-old Raul Dominguez Solis and 64-year-old Jose Guadalupe Zermeno, both of Fresno.
The five others - four men and one woman - suffered what the CHP described as moderate injuries.
- One person killed in Fresno County crash 9 min ago
- 16-year-old survives in wheel well of Maui flight
- Marathon tragedy inspires woman to help save lives
- Man dies following shooting at Fresno apartment
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate SoCal hospital attacks
- Sikh community celebrates Vaisakhi in Caruthers
- Grim work for families as more bodies discovered
- Yemen: Airstrike targets al-Qaida training camps
- Malaysia, Flight 370 relatives talk financial help
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- 7,000 Easter eggs rain down from helicopter
- Health Watch: 5 clues to Alzheimer's
- Consumer Reports evaluates top toilet papers
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates