Bakersfield airman killed in Kyrgyzstan crash
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Action News has learned one of the airmen killed during a crash in Kyrgyzstan on Friday is from the South Valley.
30-year-old Technical Sergeant Herman Mackey III is from Bakersfield.
He and two captains were on a refueling plane heading into Afghanistan when their aircraft crashed.
All three were killed. The cause of that crash is under investigation.
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Parlier man shot and killed; neighbor arrested
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- Man dies after being hit by train in Downtown Fresno
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- Fresno PD: Man sitting in street struck, killed by car
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- Near drownings on the rise
- Students take part in robot competition in Madera
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos