Bakersfield airman killed in Kyrgyzstan crash
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Action News has learned one of the airmen killed during a crash in Kyrgyzstan on Friday is from the South Valley.
30-year-old Technical Sergeant Herman Mackey III is from Bakersfield.
He and two captains were on a refueling plane heading into Afghanistan when their aircraft crashed.
All three were killed. The cause of that crash is under investigation.
- Deputies shoot, kill suspect west of Fresno
- Man shot in head while sitting in Fresno apartment
- Man arrested for exposing himself in front of kids
- Captain of sunken SKorean ferry, 2 crew arrested 57 min ago
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Strong earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea 51 min ago
- Merced County swears in nation's 1st Hmong judge
- Suspects sought after man stabbed in Parlier
- Crime spree ends with 2 arrested in Fresno
- Man accused of molesting minor, having child porn
- Two convicted in murder of Fresno sex offender
- California farmers to get more water
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- Easter Brunch recipe
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos