Transplant recipient meets donor's family in Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A heart transplant recipient met her donor's family for the first time in Northwest Fresno on Saturday.
Debbie MacLaren of Turlock received a heart transplant in October 2007.
Her life-saving donation came after a Fresno teen named Cassandra Hendrix died and donated her organs.
Cassandra's mother says her daughter's decision to be a donor saved four people's lives.
Debbie said words cannot express her gratitude.
"But at the same time to know that they had their loss big deep loss no one can say enough words, enough thank yous for what occurred here," MacLaren said.
The two families met prior to a gathering to honor others whose final act was the gift of life for someone else.
The event recognized 250 donors and their families.
fresno, fresno county, fresno northeast, local
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet 16 min ago
- Bees attack drivers after SoCal car crash
- Man holds out atop roof of San Diego FBI building
- Toddler uses FaceTime to help mom after dog bite
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified
- Mexico government 100 pct sure drug capo killed
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- New Target store opens in Northwest Fresno
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week