Visalia man punches 13-year-old boy in the face
VISALIA, Calif. (KFSN) -- Visalia Police say between 30 and 50 people were involved in a fight at a playground. It all ended after a man punched a 13-year-old boy in the face.
Danile Ramirez, 27, is now in jail after Visalia Police said he punched a 13-year-old boy in the face. Officers said the brawl started on Sunday afternoon while the popular Riverway Sports Park was full of families. That's when a group of kids between the ages of 8 and 13 got into a disagreement on the playground.
Sgt. Ozzie Dominguez said, "A fight ensued between the kids and that carried over with their parents and once the parents got involved and their groups got involved is when it became a larger fight a melee."
Witnesses told police between 30 and 50 people were involved in the fight. By the time police got there, most of them had dispersed, but a 13-year-old boy was being treated by paramedics and was sent to a local hospital.
Sgt. Ozzie Dominguez added, "These young kids were at the park with their families they did not know each other until they met at the park."
Drew Edmonson says the fight is making him keep a more careful eye on who's around when he takes his children to the park. "I think it's horrible I mean why should kids and parents be fighting out here this is a park for recreation, playing and good times."
Ed Juarez added, "I'm just surprised an adult would want to maybe attack somebody quite younger than him."
Visalia Police say Daniel Ramirez is now facing child abuse charges and he already had two warrants out for his arrest.
crimetracker, visalia, tulare county, local, jessica peres
- One person dead in Northwest Fresno accident 57 min ago
- Dustin Gran murder trial gets underway in Modesto
- Unemployment rises to 6.7 percent in February
- Woman fatally struck by vehicle on Highway 180
- Fresno cracks down on stolen shopping carts
- Con man steals millions from elderly
- Man sentenced in fatal Los Banos DUI crash
- Photos: 16th-century 'rocket cat' weaponry pictures
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Growers discuss issues at Citrus Showcase
- Consumer Reports: Beware of tax scams
- Downtown Fresno gas leak prompts evacuations
- Russian power play: Crimea vote on joining Russia
- George Radanovich to announce he won't run for governor