290 pounds of meth seized in Ceres
MODESTO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Agents located approximately 290 pounds of methamphetamine concealed in several storage containers.
PRESS RELEASE - A collaborative effort by numerous law enforcement entities culminated in our area's largest methamphetamine bust in recent memory. Two men have been arrested and other arrests may be forthcoming.
Acting on an anonymous tip, drug enforcement agents with the Stanislaus Drug Enforcement Agency (SDEA), Modesto Narcotics Enforcement Team (MNET) and Homeland Security Investigations served a search warrant at 2112 Hardy Ct, in Ceres. During the search of the residence this afternoon, agents located approximately 290 pounds of methamphetamine concealed in several storage containers. Agents also seized $66,000 in cash at the home.
Luis Bartolo Madriz Sandavol, a 32-year-old from Everett, Washington and Victor Ramiro Torres, a 23-year-old Ceres resident, were arrested near the home. They were booked into Stanislaus County jail for possession of methamphetamine for sale and transportation of methamphetamine; both felonies.
Agents with the respective law enforcement agencies believe the drug seizure will create a noticeable disruption to the availability of this dangerous drug in our community. The investigation is on-going and additional arrests are possible.
The lead agency in the investigation, the Stanislaus Drug Enforcement Agency (SDEA), reported that this is the largest methamphetamine seizure in its 40 year existence.
crimetracker, drug bust, modesto, local
- Oil slicks spotted in hunt for jet with 239 aboard 46 min ago
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Parlier man shot and killed; neighbor arrested
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- Man dies after being hit by train in Downtown Fresno
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- Fresno PD: Man sitting in street struck, killed by car
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- Near drownings on the rise
- Students take part in robot competition in Madera
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos