290 pounds of meth seized in Ceres
MODESTO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Agents located approximately 290 pounds of methamphetamine concealed in several storage containers.
PRESS RELEASE - A collaborative effort by numerous law enforcement entities culminated in our area's largest methamphetamine bust in recent memory. Two men have been arrested and other arrests may be forthcoming.
Acting on an anonymous tip, drug enforcement agents with the Stanislaus Drug Enforcement Agency (SDEA), Modesto Narcotics Enforcement Team (MNET) and Homeland Security Investigations served a search warrant at 2112 Hardy Ct, in Ceres. During the search of the residence this afternoon, agents located approximately 290 pounds of methamphetamine concealed in several storage containers. Agents also seized $66,000 in cash at the home.
Luis Bartolo Madriz Sandavol, a 32-year-old from Everett, Washington and Victor Ramiro Torres, a 23-year-old Ceres resident, were arrested near the home. They were booked into Stanislaus County jail for possession of methamphetamine for sale and transportation of methamphetamine; both felonies.
Agents with the respective law enforcement agencies believe the drug seizure will create a noticeable disruption to the availability of this dangerous drug in our community. The investigation is on-going and additional arrests are possible.
The lead agency in the investigation, the Stanislaus Drug Enforcement Agency (SDEA), reported that this is the largest methamphetamine seizure in its 40 year existence.
crimetracker, drug bust, modesto, local
- Perez and Barrera found guilty of 1st degree murder
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital 47 min ago
- Photos: Easter traditions explained
- Michaels Crafts data breach, nearly 3M compromised
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry arrested 44 min ago
- Twin boys fight off carjacker in Texas
- 'Family Annihilator' fugitive could be in California
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police
- Bogus Fresno Bee letter adds intrigue to DA campaign
- Visalia approves limiting residents' water use
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Gas prices rise as temperatures heat up