Fresno man arrested after pulling a knife on officers
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno police have arrested an armed man who they say pulled a knife on officers.
Several blocks were closed off in a Northwest Fresno neighborhood as they tried to close in on their suspect, 26-year-old Matthew Messick.
Police used K9's to search yards in the area. For a short time, some people were not allowed to leave their homes.
Officers tracked Messick to an apartment where a canine coaxed him to surrender. They claim Messick is a known criminal.
We're told he was spotted near a stolen car, and tried to attack officers as they approached him.
crimetracker, fresno police department, fresno, fresno northwest, fresno county, local
- Foothill residents preparing for freezing temps
- Teenage serial burglar, 14, arrested in Merced
- Serial college campus sex offender to be released soon
- Toys for Tots warehouse sits empty
- Tips to protect Fido from the freeze
- Freeze threatens unique tropical farm
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover
- 2 Men accused of firing 40 shots at law enforcement
- Wonder Woman cast for Batman and Superman film
- Autopsy: Walker died from impact, fire in crash
- Bulldog gang members have gun battle with officer
- Fracking: Central Valley boom or nightmare?
- Mexico: Stolen radioactive cobalt box found empty
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades