Fresno man arrested after pulling a knife on officers
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno police have arrested an armed man who they say pulled a knife on officers.
Several blocks were closed off in a Northwest Fresno neighborhood as they tried to close in on their suspect, 26-year-old Matthew Messick.
Police used K9's to search yards in the area. For a short time, some people were not allowed to leave their homes.
Officers tracked Messick to an apartment where a canine coaxed him to surrender. They claim Messick is a known criminal.
We're told he was spotted near a stolen car, and tried to attack officers as they approached him.
crimetracker, fresno police department, fresno, fresno northwest, fresno county, local
- Woman fatally struck by vehicle on Highway 180
- Fresno cracks down on stolen shopping carts
- Valley veteran surprised with Purple Heart
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Dustin Gran murder trial gets underway in Modesto
- Growers discuss issues at Citrus Showcase
- Consumer Reports: Beware of tax scams
- Downtown Fresno gas leak prompts evacuations
- Man sentenced in fatal Los Banos DUI crash
- Russian power play: Crimea vote on joining Russia
- George Radanovich to announce he won't run for governor
- Business leaders discuss drought impact
- Fresno man pleads guilty to murdering father
- Free dental care to be offered in Fresno