Fresno man arrested after pulling a knife on officers
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno police have arrested an armed man who they say pulled a knife on officers.
Several blocks were closed off in a Northwest Fresno neighborhood as they tried to close in on their suspect, 26-year-old Matthew Messick.
Police used K9's to search yards in the area. For a short time, some people were not allowed to leave their homes.
Officers tracked Messick to an apartment where a canine coaxed him to surrender. They claim Messick is a known criminal.
We're told he was spotted near a stolen car, and tried to attack officers as they approached him.
crimetracker, fresno police department, fresno, fresno northwest, fresno county, local
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- DUI suspect crashes into 'We Be Sober' drivers
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving Fresno County
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys
- 3D printer and Twitter used to make Oreo cookies
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals