Standoff at Santa Rosa Rancheria ends with house fire
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The incident happened at the Santa Rosa Rancheria in Kings County. Authorities say Brian Resendez opened fire at Tribal Police Wednesday evening, then he went into his home and refused to come out.
The Kings County Sheriff's Office said at one point Resendez set his own house on fire. Authorities also said some on-lookers were throwing rocks and bolts at both law enforcement officials and fire fighters trying to put out the flames.
Resendez was arrested and is facing several charges.
tachi palace hotel and casino, crimetracker, standoff, lemoore, kings county, local
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed 10 min ago
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season
- Clovis man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Marketplace at El Paseo holds grand opening
- PlayStation 4's faulty parental controls
- Hip surgery complication: Uneven limbs
- Video: Take a tour of the 'smartphone home'