Standoff at Santa Rosa Rancheria ends with house fire
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The incident happened at the Santa Rosa Rancheria in Kings County. Authorities say Brian Resendez opened fire at Tribal Police Wednesday evening, then he went into his home and refused to come out.
The Kings County Sheriff's Office said at one point Resendez set his own house on fire. Authorities also said some on-lookers were throwing rocks and bolts at both law enforcement officials and fire fighters trying to put out the flames.
Resendez was arrested and is facing several charges.
tachi palace hotel and casino, crimetracker, standoff, lemoore, kings county, local
- Pedestrian killed in Fresno HWY 99 hit and run 7 min ago
- Trial wrapping up for ex-Clovis cop Kyle Pennington
- Man killed in rollover crash near Selma 49 min ago
- Tentative order in fight over Fresno water rate hikes
- HS rumor played role in Dinuba sexual battery case
- Fresno man gets prison in fatal hit-and-run crash
- Teen stowaway remains hospitalized in Hawaii
- New effort to honor Hmong veterans
- Counting down to the Clovis Rodeo
- Fresno Co won't change Williamson Act tax standards
- Firefighters preparing for fire season at Lost Lake Park
- Suspect injures Fresno Police dog, officers say
- SD police guns stolen during LA charity game
- Porterville prepares for Iris Festival
- Day 99 of Rhonda's 100 Day Fitness Challenge
16 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos